Radio Frequency Preheater for Sheet Molding Compound
RF preheating maximizes molded part strength, reduces press cure time
by fifty percent and optimizes surface finish.
Benefits of Macrowave™ Preheating|
- RAPID AND UNIFORM HEATING: Heating occurs instantly and uniformly throughout the entire thickness of the SMC load. No temperature differential is required to force heat by conduction from the surface to the center.
- UNIFORM DISTRIBUTION OF REINFORCEMENT FIBERS: The uniform temperature of preheated charges facilitates the movement and distribution of fibers throughout the molded parts, improving their strength and surface finish.
- REDUCED PRESS CURE TIME: Preheating will reduce the press cure time by 50%.
Advanced Features of the L-200 Series Macrowave™ Preheater
- IThe L-200 preheats SMC loads of up to 30 inches (762mm) wide by 84 inches (2,134mm) long in less than 60 seconds.
- To optimize efficiency, two loading options are available. The conveyor can feed the SMC charge straight through or return the charge to the feed end after heating.
- A PLC, interfaced to the molding press, controls the heat cycle time, power level and conveyor movement.
- Macrowave™ preheaters conform to OSHA and FCC standards.
Macrowave™ L-200 Series Preheater for Sheet Molding Compound
Process Development assistance is available at RFC's laboratory testing facility, which is equipped with the Macrowave™ OmniTherm™ Simulator.
Founded in 1946, Radio Frequency Company specializes in developing and manufacturing high frequency heating systems to improve efficiency in many industrial applications. RFC is a technological leader in the development of R.F. heat processing systems and is known for the highest standards of quality in equipment and service.
Feasibility Studies |
RF Technology |
News Releases |
Contact RFC |
Site Index |
Copyright © 2006-current by Radio Frequency, Inc. All rights reserved.