Macrowave™ Dryer For Nonwoven Webs
The Macrowave™ RF Web Dryer rapidly removes moisture from the web at low temperatures and prevents the migration of coating solids caused by conventional drying which increases web strength and product quality.
- PREFERENTIAL HEATING: Selectively dries products at the wettest sections of the web. The product output will be uniform in moisture content throughout, regardless of the non-uniformity going in.
- INCREASES PRODUCTION THROUGHPUT: Providing instant ON/OFF control, the Macrowave™ RF Web Dryer eliminates the heat-up and cool-down times required by conventional dryers.
- MINIMIZE DRYING TIMES: Rapid volumetric heating eliminates the long dwell time required by conventional heating minimizing the quantity of product in the drying cycle and reduces changeover time.
- NO ACCUMULATION ROLLERS: This dryer eliminates the need for accumulation rollers required by festooned convection and infrared type dryers and saves floor space by generally requiring one-fifth of the floor space needed for hot-air and IR dryers as well as lowering maintenance costs.
- energy applied by radio waves at a frequency of 40.68 MHz
- volumetric heating keeps the temperature low and uniform throughout the web to prevent overheating
The Macrowave™ RF Web Dryer is priced from $100,000 up, depending upon configuration. Literature is available upon request. Process Development assistance is available at RFC's laboratory testing facility, which is equipped with the Macrowave™ OmniTherm™ Simulator with as little as 10 lbs. product sample.
Founded in 1946, Radio Frequency Company specializes in developing and manufacturing high frequency heating systems to improve efficiency in many industrial applications. RFC is a technological leader in the development of R.F. heat processing systems and is known for the highest standards of quality in equipment and service.
For more information contact:
Radio Frequency Co., Inc.
Tim Clark, President & General Manager
150 Dover Road
Millis, MA 02054
(508) 376-9555 FAX: (508) 376-9944
Feasibility Studies |
RF Technology |
News Releases |
Contact RFC |
Site Index |
Copyright © 2006-current by Radio Frequency, Inc. All rights reserved.
Designed, hosted and maintained by Page Crafters.